I really needed a Thanksgiving break. I mean, I really needed it. I was getting bogged down with work and stressed about everything. I needed some time with myself and my Engineer to focus on getting my life back together. What did I do, you ask? Here’s a brief run down:
- Starting reading again – I used to read A LOT. I haven’t read one book since school started in the fall. I realized that I am a reader. I am also a teacher. Those two things are not and should not be mutually exclusive.
- Went shopping – I’m on a quest to improve my wardrobe. More on that to come.
- Saw a movie – Twilight: New Moon. It was great.
- Bought Adobe CS4 Web Premium – I needed it in December for my next grad school class anyway, but I went ahead and got it. Then I got this awesome book and have spent every free minute creating websites.
- Baked – I made a chocolate pie, three pumpkin pies, and cranberry muffins. Baking is very relaxing for me.
- Went to the Symphony – It was lovely, and a nice date night. We’ll have to go again sometime.
- Spent time with the Engineer – He’s so good to me. He keeps me grounded and makes sure I look out for myself and stay true to who I am. We needed this weekend together
As you can see, I was busy this weekend, but I soaked up every minute of the 5 days I had off work. I went in this morning feeling like Maggie the person, not Maggie the teacher again.
Let’s hope it lasts.