I can’t believe it’s February, much less a week into February!! I’ll have an update on how my January goal went down and what my plans are for February later this week.
It’s been a busy January, and I feel like I’ve hardly had any time to just veg. Frankly, I’m really enjoying staying busy, accomplishing great things. Here’s a quick bullet list of what’s been going on:
- I need to start tracking my money and budgeting better (a monthly goal later this year, perhaps?) and my first step towards doing so happened last week: I got a new bank account through USAA, which categorically tracks every debit card purchase and weighs it against your budget (which you input). I love all the graphs and charts and can’t wait to start using it exclusively. I’ll keep my local bank account for ease of use (and the great interest rates!), of course.
- I’ve been going to the gym about 3 days a week, instead of our typical 4. Despite that, it’s been wearing me out and I’m struggling with lifting weights and gaining weight. I’ve put on about 6 or 7 pounds this month, putting me at a current weight that is 5 pounds more than when I started going to the gym 3 months ago. I understand that “muscle weighs more than fat,” but that doesn’t explain the permanent food baby.
- I start a bee keeping class tomorrow night, which will last 6 weeks. I’m crazy excited about this, even though I can’t have any bees at my apartment. Maybe next time I move, I’ll be able to rent a house with fewer restrictions. The class comes with a year’s membership to the local Bee Keeper’s Association. Nerd alert!
- I started reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, which was very good, but I kinda puttered out about halfway through. I just lost my motivation to finish, which is a clear sign to move on to another book. I fell back on one of my old favs: Sherryl Woods. I hope this book gets me back into my reading-mode.
- I finally saw True Grit and loved it! I was expecting very little from it, despite the Oscar buzz, mostly since I’m not a fan of that genre of movie. I walked out pleasantly surprised…and glad I went.
- I really need to get my oil changed and my hair dyed. Who has time for these things???
- I’m loving Malbecs lately, and declare every other bottle to be “my ultimate fav.” I think wine in general is my favorite.
So, that’s about it. What did you accomplish this January?